Monday, July 8, 2013

17 Weeks

I made it!
NYC Marathon training officially starts next week! I've pretty much taken the last 6 weeks off so I'm excited to get back into the routine. I need a plan otherwise I skip workouts or quit halfway through. This week will be a base week. I'm not worried about building up mileage as I accidentally ran a 14 mile sight seeing run last week in San Francisco and didn't die. I thought I wouldn't be able to get out of bed the next day but surprisingly I only ever felt a minor twinge in my back toward the end but no soreness during, after, or the next day! Go me!

So instead of a base mileage week, this will be a base routine week. I need to transition back to morning runs so this week I'm focusing on just getting up and doing a 20-30 min morning run followed by my new favorite thing, the 7 minute workout. I will still knock out a few miles after work but this will just help me get used to getting up and out the door first thing. Next week I'll be ready to hit my workouts and focus on my runs.

I also want to join a running group. A nice gentleman ran up beside me during my epic San Fran run and we chatted and ran together for about an hour. I've never really run with people. Sure I've run alongside people but usually I'm so nervous about keeping up or how crazy I look that I don't really talk. I told this guys upfront that I probably wouldn't make it too far as I was just getting back into it. He asked where I wanted to go and I told him the Golden Gate Bridge. That angel of a man guided me right to the bridge without letting me walk up even the steepest hills. I was so glad he kept me going and think I'll really benefit from a group.

Plan for tonight: hit up the Nike Training Club for a workout and to see about their run club.

No comments:

Post a Comment