Friday, May 3, 2013

Beautiful Day in the Park

There is nothing like a warm day in nyc. 67 degrees brings everyone out to Central Park. Most will picnic or lay in the sun but for those of use who choose to run, walk, or bike, the park becomes the perfect place to people watch.

It was the perfect day to rent a rowboat or lay on the grass. 
It doesn't get any better than this!
I swear I say, "Only in New York" ten times every week and yesterday was no different. About a mile into my run I saw a guy in his early 30s riding his bike with a yorkie in a baby carrier on his back. Really?!

Not a half a mile later, I saw a very large, probably 6'5" or taller, very muscular man jogging towards me with nothing but white linen pants on. Now this is odd but not odd enough to stand out in nyc. What got me to do a double take was his face mask. It was part gas mask part mask similar to bain from batman. Not only did he have to mask on but it connected to a small plastic tube that wrapped around his body and ended in his pocket. Here's the thing, his pants were tight enough that there is absolutely no way there was anything in his pocket for the mask to connect to. All I can say is, "why?"

People are funny but they just add to my entertainment in the park. There is no place on earth I'd rather run than Central Park.

Perfection

No comments:

Post a Comment