Monday, April 22, 2013

The countdown is on

I can't wait to get on a plane on Thursday and cruise on down to Nashville for the Country Music Marathon. Nashville is a city that has certainly found a special place in my heart. I had been there once on a family vacation when I was younger, well we all got to tag along on one of my dad's business trips. I didn't particularly care for the city then as it seem like the entire city was under construction.
My love began years later when I accompanied my sister on a interview at Vanderbilt. It was her very first interview after graduating from college so she wasn't comfortable traveling and getting ready for her interview by herself. Neither of us knew much about the city so we booked a hotel right by Vanderbilt which ended up working out perfectly as they had a fantastic shuttle that would take you anywhere in the city.
That interview was in 2010 and I am happy to say this weekend marks my sixth trip back! She absolutely loves everything about the city and has managed to show me new and exciting things every time I visit. So much so that every few months I find myself contemplating making a move to Nashville myself. I mean, a girl can dream especially when home are so much less expensive than nyc or tahoe.
This weekend's race will be a bit different than the previous two as temperatures will be much below the usual 85 and humid. I breathed a huge sigh of relief when I saw the ten day was predicting mid fifties however I'm quickly getting nervous as it also says thunder storms and rain all weekend :(
No matter what the weather turns out to be, I know it will be an amazing weekend!
Nashville here I come!

More about my plans for the race to come...

2 comments:

  1. Nashville half was my very first race ever back in 2003!!! Have so much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm just praying the forecast is wrong. As of now they're saying rain or possibly thunder storms :(

      Delete